Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Home sweet Home


Surgery has come and gone. Hard to believe it was a week ago today. And now...I'm home!

I was released from the hospital Sunday afternoon, sooner than anticipated. The doctor said that since I was able to hold down liquids, keep my temperature under control, and manage the pain, I could go home. What a happy feeling! No more IV machines. No more tubes. No more 4-hour vital checks. No more needles. No more hospital food! I was free to go home!

Previously to the good news about going home, we had more good news from the doctor. The report from the surgery--30 lymph nodes removed and ALL were cancer free! Praise the Lord! We'll take this report as more of God's kindness to us. It appears that with the successful surgery and this positive report, I may have come to the end of the line as far as further cancer treatment.

Thank you to all who have been praying for us. It is humbling to know that there have been many. And prayer works! We are especially grateful to a loving church body, through whom we have experienced and are experiencing God's love and care toward us.

Currently, I'm here on the couch taking it easy. For the next 6 weeks, the doctor says to stay away from strenuous activity (according to Pastor Kirk, that also includes dusting, vacuuming, and sweeping). And no lifting anything heavier than a gallon of milk. Ah....It's good to be home.

4 comments:

bethoven said...

Hey, thanks for the update. I was going to call you last night, but ended up watching CSI instead...maybe another day. ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Are you well enough to be in Les' wedding today? --Mom

cranny + b said...

Praise the Lord Tim. I hope that no strenuous activity includes the realm of the mind as well (ie studying). Have a great time at home, and let Kristin lift the milk. Haha. Praise the Lord for His kindness to you. Please let us know if we can do anything for you guys.

Stephen

cranny + b said...

I tell you what...I was going to leave a nice comment and I see my husband already beat me to it--and I see he added in a zinger too;)

Just to echo what Steve said--we do praise the Lord for how he has worked! And we are so excited for your new baby!