Sunday, October 10, 2010

Micah knows hot






This is Tim chiming in on the blog for a quick post.

So tonight, Micah foiled my inadvertent plan to burn our place down.

We had just finished eating supper, and I thought it might be cool to brew us a cup of coffee on my new French press. So I put some water on the stove, and then set about to clean off the supper table while Kristen gave Wesley a bath. Micah was still seated at the table finishing off his last slice of pizza as I moved into the kitchen closet and quickly became preoccupied with crushing aluminum cans. After sufficiently clearing out space in our recycling container, I reemerged from the closet. That was when Micah nonchalantly pointed over to the stove and said “Hot?” So I took a glance at the stove—and saw flames shooting up from the stovetop!

Yeah, our oven mitt was totally engulfed in flames! I quickly dashed over to the stove and grabbed a piece that hadn’t yet burned and threw it into the water in the kitchen sink! So, Micah, our little firefighter, saved the day. His quick thinking and command of the English language foiled my absentmindedness. And me? I think I need to take some time out of the kitchen until I can tell the difference between a front burner and a back burner.

"All in a day's work."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Micah! We're proud of you. I guess helping Mommy in the kitchen has some unexpected benefits. :)

bethoven said...

Micah, way to learn the English language! Now if Daddy would just teach you how to use a fire extinguisher, you'll be all set to protect the house! :)

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Good Job Micah!! What a smart boy.

Mom Hill said...

Never a dull moment at the Hills! Thanks for capturing it in post and pic. Good helper, Micah!