Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Family Fun

Mom and Dad Ahtila were able to come for a week visit back in June. They ended up camping about 45 minutes from us, so we were able to visit with them almost every day.On Sunday they came out to join us at church, and then we had a nice meal to celebrate Fathers’ Day.We went out to visit their campsite on Monday, and had a mini-family reunion. I was able to see my Grandpa and Sonja, who I hadn’t seen in a while, my aunt and cousin who I hadn’t seen in a couple years! We spent a great deal of time at the playground, which was really nice! It was so much fun to watch Micah grow in his confidence as he learned to climb up the slide and the rope ladders.


My parents had a beautiful view of Lake Michigan from their campsite, so we couldn’t have a visit there without throwing rocks into the water…one of Micah’s favorite activities!

Wednesday I joined my parents on a day trip to visit my Grandpa and Sonja again, and we were able to spend a little bit more time visiting with my aunt and cousin as well. I also saw an uncle I hadn’t seen in years! Micah’s highlight was being able to drive cars on my Grandpa’s chair, and eat McDonald’s on the way back.

Our fourth anniversary was on the last day my parents were in the area, and they excitedly volunteered to watch the kids for us. There will be more to come about what we did for our date. While we were out, Micah learned how to catch a ball and was quite proud of himself! He wanted my mom to take a picture of him every time he caught it! We were so thankful for the time we were able to visit with them. We all had a great week!!


No comments: