Saturday, July 16, 2011

Birthdays!

This year I turned 29...my last year before the BIG 3-0!! Tim's parents were able to come down to help celebrate. They also watched the boys for us so we could go on a date. We started our time by going out for coffee at a cute little shop here in town. We were so blessed (and surprised!!) when we ran into someone we knew there and they paid for our coffee! We then headed up to Dave's Falls for a little hike, and ended up eating dinner at a local restaurant.

When we came home from our date, we celebrated with cake. I have really been wanting to improve on my cake baking/decorating skills. This was a cake that Tim and I actually made together--and it was so fun and yummy! It was a Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake. And I would make it again in a heartbeat!!


Then our little Wesley turned 1 year old on May 25th! It's so hard to believe that a year has passed since he was born! He has such a funny personality! He's almost always smiling, such a cuddler and people person, and so very stubborn! He has brought even more laughter into our home, and we're so thankful to God for giving him to us! We celebrated Wesley's birthday on 3 different occasions! We tried celebrating when we went to MI to visit my parents, where we found out Wesley wanted NOTHING to do with his cupcake!


So...when we celebrated his birthday on the actual day, I made chocolate chip cookies instead. They were a hit! And his final celebration was with the Hills, where we celebrated my mother-in-law's birthday, sister-in-law's birthday and Wesley's birthday. We're so thankful to be closer to family, so we can share these special times with family.


1 comment:

bethoven said...

That red velvet cheesecake looks amazing. I will definitely need to try a piece at some point! :)