Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Date Night



I am so thankful for my wonderful husband, and for the time we were able to spend together Thursday night on a surprise date!! As Tim was leaving for work, he asked me to go get his wallet for him. There was a note for me with an invitation for dinner! I was so excited, and a little confused at first. He explained that a few weeks ago he had requested the evening off, and secretly planned a date night for us…even finding a babysitter for Micah!! Is he wonderful or what?! After bringing Micah to a family from our church, (they are so wonderful for watching Micah a few times for us!!) we headed to Cheesecake Factory, and then ended the night with watching a movie at home after picking up Micah. We were thankful for a short wait at dinner, a cute little booth for two, and half-priced cheesecake. (It was National Cheesecake Day!!) It was so great to be able to have a date mid-week, and be able to just sit and talk over an amazing meal. It was a little bit of a long week for me with a cranky baby who is teething very badly, so I definitely needed that refreshing time with my husband. Here's a picture of our evening. Thanks for such a fun surprise date night, Tim!!



And of course, I have to include a picture of our little cutie. Can you believe he's almost 9 months?!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, what a heartwarming story. You have a great and thoughtful husband and we have a wonderful son!
Mom Hill

Bethany said...

Congrats on the anniversary. I smiled when I read your blog - glad it was such a nice suprise!!

bethoven said...

Aww, I LOVE Cheesecake Factory! How fun!

SARAH Hill said...

Mmmmmm, cheesecake